Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Run Forrest Run!

How can I forget, in January I decided to start this program called Couch- to-5K. It is a program that trains you to be able to run a 5K race in nine weeks. If you're a little skeptical like I was, I can promise you that this program works! I started the program in mid January and have loved it! After two weeks I was feeling ambitious and with a little encouragement from my friend, Hollie, and my Mom, I decided to run in the Cruising the Creek Walk 5K in Prattville. That was the most excruciating yet gratifying experience I have had in a long time. I completed the race in 42.05 minutes and I was very proud of myself for this accomplishment. I was experience some pain and discomfort in my knees and hips after running so I took a break from running for a few weeks. Last week I decided to pick up where I left off on the program. I also decided to try running on the treadmill at the gym instead of outside on the sidewalk...this has made all the difference in the world! No more pain! I am now back on week four of the Couch-to-5K program and can't wait to complete the program and really be able to run...not struggle through my next 5K! Here is a link to the program if you're interested. All it takes is three times a week and 25-30 minutes of your time. Pretty simple to follow! And don't joke on the picture of Hollie and me. It was taken after the race and we were exhausted, or atleast I was. I'll put up another picture to show you we can look human...haha!http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment