Thursday, April 8, 2010

Birthday

Birthdays have always been a big deal in my family. My Mom always makes sure we are recognized when it's birthday time no matter how old we may get. On March 23 I turned 25, yes, a whole quarter of a century old and this birthday was wonderful! Mom through a party for me at her house for all of our family and a few friends. We cooked out steaks, baked potatos, salad, and my favorite, ice cream cake, from Dairy Queen...yummy! All of our family came and even a few of my close friends. We had a wonderful time and I always love it anytime my family gets together. Incase you didn't know, the Maddox family is a very tight-knit family and we will use almost any excuse to gather together and celebrate. That is just one of the many reasons I love my family! I also got a few wonderful presents. Rainboots from my brother (that's exactly what I told him I wanted), a gift card to Ann Taylor loft, a cute duffel bag, money, and some other great gifts too. Oh, how can I forget, my Grandma also gave me a wonderful phot album. It was full of pictures of my parents when they were younger and of me growing up. It also had a lot of pictures of my aunts and uncles when they were younger and of my Pawpaw when he was younger. I think it is so neat to be able to take a glimps into the past and see what everyone looked like when they were younger. It is interesting to see the resemblences in people in the family. This was just the first part of my birthday. I will write another blog to cover the second part...Nashville!

No comments:

Post a Comment