Monday, November 22, 2010

Juggling July

The month of July was extremely busy! A trip to the beach, birthdays, baseball, concerts and much, much more I'm sure I didn't take pictures of. The weekend after we returned from the Family Reunion was the Bass Masters Tournament in Montgomery. While I'm not all that interested in the fishing part of this, I was interested in the FREE concerts that came along with it. Leon and I went down to the Amphitheater on the Alabama River (downtown Montgomery) and enjoyed a free concert by Jason Michael Carol. If you're not familiar with him, he is a country artist who is popular for his songs like Livin Our Love Song, Alyssa Lies, Where I'm From, and several others. Although the evening was a typical sultry summer night, the concert and the setting were wonderful. Watching the concert and the boats drive by on the river are a great combination. Not to mention, the sunset over the river is always a brilliant display of colors.


Chris about to blow out the (trick) candles.

Also in July we celebrated my brother, Chris' 22nd birthday and my Pawpaw's 75th birthday. Mom had everyone over to her house for dinner, cake, ice cream and presents for Chris' birthday. For Pawpaw's birthday, Grandma had everyone over to her house to celebrate. In case you were wondering, birthday's are a HUGE deal in our family! Plus, it gives us a good excuse to all get togther.
Pawpaw opening his gifts.

Georgiann and me.

Somewhere around the end of July, I went to dinner at Crockmier's with my beautiful Aunt Georgiann and a couple of her friends. We enjoyed drinks and dinner and listened to the band for a while and had a great time chatting and catching up. We also went to the Alley Bar afterwards to listen to the band they had playing. There weren't a lot of people out so we decided to go home early and call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment