Friday, May 20, 2011

On the Road Again...with Willie Nelson and Friends

I know people say this all the time, but I truly feel as though 2011 has flown by. Here we are almost to June! My little sister Catherine is about to finish her first year of high school, several of my friends are having babies this year and Leon and I just celebrated our second wedding anniversary. My how time does fly! But trust me, 2011 has not been wasted. We have packed a lot into this year already.

In February, Leon won tickets on the radio to see Willie Nelson and Friends in concert at the Montgomery Performing Arts Center. Now, keep in mind that Leon is not a big fan of country music, but he is very good at winning things on the radio...strange talent that boy has. So, being the sweet husband he is, he knew I would greatly appreciate this concert. And a wonderful concert it was indeed. Our seats were in in the lower level and towards the middle. We had a great view and Willie put on a great performance. Toward the very end of the show, I walked down front to snap a few up-close pictures. I was able to get several great shots. Willie even signed autographs for anyone and everyone at the end of his concert. I thought that was such a nice thing, considering how unappreciative many artists tend to be now-a-days. Way to go Willie! Thanks for showing us there are still a few nice guys left out there in the world.

Back in early March was the 40th anniversary of the Gamma Sigma chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta at Troy University. This coincided with the International Reunion Day. Basically, this all means that all of the Alpha Gamms from Troy of years past gathered together for a luncheon and formal later that evening. I went to Troy that Friday night, after flying in from Ohio, and stayed with my wonderful pledge sister and close friend Emily Lytle Maddox and our other best friend Anna Tyler Goldman. We had a great time catching up, even though the three of us talk pretty regularly, and visiting with all of our other sisters during the luncheon. We all had other things to get home to, so we did not get to go to the formal, but hopefully we will be able to make it for the 45th reunion! I cherish these times with my friends and sorority sisters because you don't realize how much you miss them until you get to spend time with them again. Thanks girls for always being my rock throughout the years.

How generous is God that he has given me
 these few and special
women who are the true friends
of my heart...


No comments:

Post a Comment