Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Christmas and New Year's

Christmas morning!
I can't forget to mention Christmas and New Year's before I move on to 2011. This is probably one of my favorite times of the year, plus, I'm off of work for two weeks, so that's a nice bonus! Christmas is always a wonderful time to me. It's about the love of God for all of us, family, friends and so much more. On Christmas Eve every year we always go to the Christmas Eve service at our church, Taylor Road Baptist Church, and sit with our family. My Mom loves it when we are all together like that. This year after service we went back to Mom's house. What was originally going to be just our family for a little dinner turned in to Mom, Randy, Chris, Catherine, Me, Leon, Georgiann, Kevin, Clint, Blake, Josh, and our friends Ashley and Dave. We all enjoyed a delicious dinner and time together before the craziness of Christmas day.  
Our sweet friends, Dave & Ashley.

Our Christmas Tree!















Now, on Christmas morning, Leon and I woke up and opened our presents from each other and then went over to Mom's house and opened presents with everyone there. Trust me, we're not too old for Santa either! After that we came back home and got ready and then headed to Leon's Granny's house for a delicious lunch with Leon's family. After lunch there, where ventured to my grandparent's house in Wetumpka and visited with everyone for a little while. At this point, there was no room left for any more food! But we definitely took home some yummy leftovers.
Penny enjoying her Christmas gift.


Leon & Me Christmas morning.
 
Mom at the beach!

After some much needed recovery from our food acomas, Leon and I ventured to Santa Rosa Beach, FL for a few days with my parents. Mom and Randy took their camper to Top Sail State Park Preserve, which is absolutely beautiful! We spent several days taking it easy, shopping, eating great seafood, and just having a good time and no agenda.

New Year's Eve









For Christmas we received a gift card from my grandparents to Outback, which can also be used at Carraba's, Fleming's and several other places. There was a Fleming's in Destin, so we decided to try it out. It was definitely delicious, but let's just say we did not have any money left on the gift card after that meal! We also did some majoy after-Christmas shopping at the Silver Sands Outlet Mall and bought some new clothes with our Christmas money. On New Year's Eve, Mom and I rode bikes into Santa Rosa and grabbed a coffee and The Gossip Parlor and then headed back to the campground. Later that evening we met up with several friends at Harbor Walk for dinner and fun for New Year's Eve! We even got to watch two fireworks shows, one around 9:00 for all the kids and then another one at midnight! We had a great time, the only downside to this trip, was I returned home with the FLU! Yes, the flu! I have never felt so terrible in my life. Believe you me, I WILL be getting my flu shot from now on. I never want to feel so horrible again. Other than that, the trip was great!
Hollie & Me

No comments:

Post a Comment