Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Friends

I truly believe certain people are put into our lives for a reason and a season. Stephanie Harrison Chudley was my roommate at Troy when I was a sophomore. The story of how we ended up being roommates goes like this. I was randomly assigned a roommate and after a week or two of that not going so well, I asked my RA (resident assistant) if there was something, anything that could be done. Thankfully, she had a great solution! There was a girl on the third floor of our dorm that was not getting along with her suite mates, well my dorm room didn't join to anyone elses' so that would lessen the problem of having to get along with more people. So, my roommate agreed to move upstairs and Stephanie agreed to move downstairs with me! Let's just say it was the best move ever. Stephanie and I were instant friends and have been since that fall day in 2004. Sadly, Stephanie moved back home to Florida in the spring but the two of us have always stayed in touch. A few years ago she met and married her wonderful husband, Dave, who happens to be from Canada. After getting married, Stephanie and Dave moved back to Canada and that's where they reside today. Back in March, two days after my second trip to New Orleans, Stephanie and Dave took a week long vacation to Santa Rosa Beach, FL. Thankfully, I was able to go and spend two nights with them and best of all, I got to see Stephanie and her cute baby belly. That's right baby boy Chudley is due in a few months! I am so excited for my friends and can't wait to meet their sweet baby one day. While we were at the beach we ate a lot of wonderful fresh seafood and I got good and sun burned laying out on the beach. We ventured into the picturesque town of Seaside one evening and walked through all the cute shops and even enjoyed a good old fashioned coke float! This was a great idea by Stephanie. Afterwards, we grabbed a coffee (it was chilly at night) and walked on the beach back in Santa Rosa and enjoyed a gorgeous sunset. It was such a wonderful trip and I was so excited to see Stephanie, who I hadn't seen by the way in nearly six years. We are planning a trip to Arizona next year, so hopefully it will not be so long before we get to see each other again. Remember to always be thankful for your friends. Even the ones you don't get to see very often. They're your friends for a reason and we are truly blessed to have friends in our lives.
Ashleigh (Steph's sister), Stephanie, Me

Coke Float :)













The beautiful sunset
at Santa Rosa Beach





Me & Steph















This pic was taken of Stephanie,
me, and Landie at a Troy
Football game in fall 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment