Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Reason and a Season

Ecclesiastes 3:1
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens...


Brittany & Shep.
(This picture is from Brittany's
facebok page)
This verse has been on my mind a lot over the past few months. I have realized that life is all about what you make of it and our days are truly numbered. In March, one of my sorority sisters, Brittany Shepard Pugh and her 15 month old son, Shep, were tragically killed in a car wreck on their way home one afternoon on Highway 231, just outside of Troy. It was one of the most shocking phone calls I've ever received. Even though she and I were not close friends, just the fact of knowing that someone so close in age passed away in an instance, was and still is overwhelming. Brittany was one of the kindest, sweetest and most beautiful girls I had ever met and to see someone like her pass away seems unfair. But just like everything else, we are not promised one more day here on this Earth. When it is our time, it is our time. The out-pouring over Brittany and Shep was overwhelming to see on her Facebook page. She was such a genuine person and truly loved by everyone she came in contact with.  She will never be forgotten and her impact here on Earth as a Godly and kind-hearted person will always be remembered.


I thought I was going to include more on this posting, but for some reason I feel this is all that needs to written for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment